Welcome to Adventures in Pine Hollow!
A Unique Forest World
Adventures in Pine Hollow is designed to engage students so thoroughly that whether they can’t wait to read or would rather wait forever, they are pulled into a forest world, where they join critter adventures and forget there’s learning going on! Students meet critter friends that they follow and keep throughout their several year reading journey.
In early adventures, Mac and Nip Squirrel join Snap the Bat and Fin the Frog in Pine Nut Park. New friends join, and eventually so does their son, Acorn Squirrel. In later years, Acorn makes the move to Pine Hollow and finds new buddies Dash and Scoot Chipmunk, Tatty Mouse and Dr. Derby, the grouchy Badger who look out for hungry owls, mischievous raccoons, and the treacherous fox, Rascal Dickens.
Our exclusive stories, phonics pages and our unique write-in readers, handwriting sheets, and even spelling and vocabulary exercises are all created to support each week’s phonics concept. They all work together to create confident readers who can’t wait for the next Pine Hollow adventure!
Why Are They Not Divided By Grade?
Our Early Reading Language Arts are not divided by grade, as all students learn to read at different times and different rates. It’s our hope that the informative and lyrical titles given to our language arts programs would help parents place their students in our Early Reading Programs.
A Unique Curriculum
- Forest Critter Settings & Stories
- Active Learning Experiences
- Hands-on Games & Reinforcement
- Intriguing Phonics Pages or Write-In Readers
- Truly Controlled Vocabulary (A surprising rarity!)
- Easy to Use
A Unique Approach
- Designed for Multiple Learning Styles
- Active Learning with Provided Games & Activities
- Short Learning Periods Keep Things Changing
- Customizable Scheduling to Slow Down or Accelerate
- Stories with Charm, Substance and Fun Cliffhangers
Check out our LA Scope & Sequence here!
See the different friends you will be meeting in these programs here!
Download the placement evaluation for our K – 6th grade programs here!