[button link=”https://winterpromise.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/SAMPLE_Children_Around_the_World_Guide_2014.pdf” size=”medium” style=”download” bg_color=”#422310″ window=”yes”]Resource Sample[/button]
A 36-Week Schedule for Your Year-Long World Cultures & Geography Study
Target Age Group: Grades 2nd to 6th
Type of Resource: Non-Consumable
The “Children Around the World” Guide
The “Children Around the World” Guide schedules a variety of resources designed to take your kids inside thirty different countries during the year. The schedule is based on a 4-day week, which leaves one day free for extracurricular studies, field trips, co-op, doctor appointments, or whatever else in your “real life.”
You’ll love the clear weekly schedules and helps in this guide. The guide also includes activity ideas, advice on teaching and grading student work using Charlotte Mason ideals, website links, as well as a rating system and supply lists for activities and experiments.
This guide pulls together the resources to study 1-2 countries per week. Students will travel briefly through the country’s history, then take a look at its geography. At the same time, they’ll discover the country’s traditions and culture through many different resources in fun and interesting ways that reach out to all kinds of learners. Other resources show the challenges faced by children in less privileged countries, and how your kids can be aware of, and serve their needs even now. The “Children Around the World” themed program is designed to be a blessing to your family and bring the world to you! NOTE: This resource is printed in black and white. The ebook version of this resource will be in color or contain color pages.
Up Close in This Guide
- A 36-week, 4-day schedule is laid out clearly in a grid-style on just one page
- Introductory material helps you mentor and “learn together” with your student
- Supply lists and other helps make planning quick and painless
- Narration ideas in the front of the guide help you prompt your student through the year
- Weekly schedule page reduces your paperwork and is easy to follow, with clear notes
- Resources offer a focus on activities that are “Open & Go!”
- Rating systems for activities help you find the ones you want!
- Website and DVD suggestions allow young students to visit different places around the globe
- Above all, WP offers a practical, “Can-Do-and-Want-To-Do!” approach