Living Math Level 6
Welcome to the sixth book in the Math Lessons for a Living Education series! This math series is based on these unwavering realities: God does not separate our life lessons into subjects; everything touches something else. His creation is woven together as a multifaceted, multi-dimensional display of His ingenious creativity.
This book will help students review and master important skills as they prepare to move into more advanced coursework. Designed to present math concepts in the context of real life, the student learns to apply the rules and techniques to solving everyday problems. Through this book students will:
- Identify decimal basics, use decimals, and learn how to work with percentages in the real world
- Study basics of geometry from pairs to polygons
- Develop maps, graphs and charts, units of measure, and more.
Investigate math and develop critical thinking skills through the continuing story of Charlie, Charlotte, Natty, and Hairo. They help bring the elements of character and relationship to the study of math. Children learn best when they can learn through relationships.
Find a sample here!
Take a placement test here!
Table of Contents
- How to Use This Book
- Lesson 1: Working with Whole Numbers
- Lesson 2: Whole Numbers in the Real World
- Lesson 3: Averaging, Rounding, and Roman Numerals
- Lesson 4: Fractions
- Lesson 5: Working with Factors
- Lesson 6: More about Fractions — Mixed numbers
- Lesson 7: Using Factors and Multiples in Operations
- Lesson 8: Review of Fraction Concepts
- Lesson 9: Adding and Subtracting Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Lesson 10: Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
- Lesson 11: Comprehensive Review of all Advanced Fractional Concepts
- Lesson 12: Decimal Basics
- Lesson 13: More Work with Decimals
- Lesson 14: Using Decimals in the Real World
- Lesson 15: Percents
- Lesson 16: Using Decimals and Percents in the Real World — Savvy Shopping
- Lesson 17: Comprehensive Review of Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Lesson 18: Geometry
- Lesson 19: Maps!…Just Follow the Lines!
- Lesson 20: Graphs and Charts
- Lesson 21: Units of Measure
- Lesson 22: Additional Topics
- Measuring Circles
- 3 Types of Percentage Problems
- Large Number Place Value and Decimal Place Value Writing Mat
- Geometry Chart
- Measurement Chart: English
- Measurement Chart: Metric
- Multiplication Grid
- Fraction Chart
- Decimal and Percents Chart