Readers to Real Books
Language Arts for 2nd or 3rd Grade
LA2 begins as your student is ready to read short chapter books. Your student will return to Pine Hollow, and have all new adventures with Acorn the squirrel, the mischievous chipmunks Dash & Scoot, and Tatty the Mouse, along with all the other friends your student met in “Stories to Short Chapters.” Students will gain reading confidence, speed and comprehension as they work through this year’s resources. They’ll also start learning the most basic grammar concepts, as they are introduced to nouns, verbs, and adjectives, and basic capitalization and punctuation rules. The grammar they learn will also help them grow as readers. Throughout the year, students will once again use reading games resources that were a part of their “Storie to Short Chapters” set. These games will reinforce their decoding skills and increase reading comprehension, fluency and speed. Daily stories are 2-3 pages in length with controlled vocabulary. This set includes the items listed below, and a guidebook that offers creative narration suggestions to coordinate with a student’s themed program.
Click Into Each Resource to See
What This Print Set Includes:
- PRINT: Readers to Real Books Guide
- PRINT: A Mink, A Fink, & A Skating Rink: What is a Noun?
- PRINT: To Root, To Toot, To Parachute: What is a Verb? (ONLY AVAILABLE USED)
- PRINT: Hairy, Scary, Ordinary: What is an Adjective?
- PRINT: Write-In Reader: Ambush in the Aspens Student Book
- PRINT: Write-In Reader: Skating on Silver Lake Student Book
- PRINT: Write-In Reader: Treachery in the Timber Student Book
- PRINT: Write-In Reader: Laughter at the Lodge Student Book
- PRINT: Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game*
- PRINT: Acorn’s Game Set*
- PRINT: Silver Lake Handwriting Set
*IMPORTANT NOTE: These resources are not included in the “Readers to Real Books” Set. Acorn’s Game Set is an absolute must as your student will not want to miss out on the fun weekly games. The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game is used sporadically. They are scheduled and an important part of this program. If you do not have these items add them to your purchase. These resources are used in and sold as a part of “Stories to Short Chapters” and so it is for this reason they are not included in the package. We want families who have already purchased these resources to reuse them and not have to repurchase them.