Animals and Their Worlds Guide
The “Animals and Their Worlds” guide schedules all of your resources in one guide! One set of resources for young learners in Pre-K and Kindergarten and one set for students Grades 1-4. It also schedules the resources common to both sets, making it super-simple to school a range of ages. The schedule is based on a 4-day week, which leaves one day free for extracurricular studies, field trips, co-op, doctor appointments, or whatever else in your “real life.”
This guide pulls together the resources to study seven habitats, in this order: woods, wetland, savannah, arctic tundra, desert, tropical rainforest, and ocean coasts and reefs. The habitats are ordered to accompany well a traditional school schedule in the northern hemisphere, encountering the woods and wetlands in the fall, the arctic in the winter, and ocean coasts in the late spring. If you live elsewhere, you may find you want to change the order of the units for your family.
Up Close in This Guide
- A 36-week, 4-day schedule is laid out clearly in a grid-style on just one page
- Introductory material helps you mentor and “learn together” with your student
- Supply lists and other helps make planning quick and painless
- Narration ideas in the front of the guide help you prompt your student through the year
- Weekly schedule page reduces your paperwork and is easy to follow, with clear notes
- Resources offer a focus on activities that are “Open & Go!”
- Rating systems for activities help you find the ones you want!
- Independent study schedules for 1st to 4th grade students eliminate writing out “homework lists”
- Website and DVD suggestions take your family inside the world’s amazing habitats
- Above all, WP offers a practical, “Can-Do-and-Want-To-Do!” approach